As the weather gets colder my cooking quickly becomes focused around soups, healthy soups that are full of nutrients for my family and that warm the soul. As a mother, my already health conscious mind when into overdrive – it became even more of a focus and continues to be a big priority for me as a parent. So many soups that I recall as a child, my favourite ones – were dairy based. Since our family doesn’t eat dairy – I wanted to recreate those nostalgic soups for us without the dairy.
Healthier by Nature is a trustworthy source for all things natural health filled with expert advice on shopping for natural health products to delicious recipes and natural living tips. They’ve inspired me to perfect our homemade Vegan Mushroom Soup recipe and share it with you guys – so that you and your family can also enjoy this dairy free soup filled with healthy ingredients and you would never know it’s vegan in my opinion!
Here is the recipe and you can watch the full video of me making it below:
What you will need:
- 30 Cremini Mushrooms cut in quarters, set aside 5 of them diced for later.
- 1/4 White Onion
- 900ml – 1L Homemade Vegetable Broth or Store Bought (avoid stock with tomato or red onion base)
- 4 Cloves of Heirloom garlic
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- Can of Organic Coconut Cream (guar gum free by Earth’s Choice is our favourite)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Begin by sautéeing your mushrooms, onion and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes on medium to high heat in stock pot or french oven.
- Add in 900 ml of vegetable broth and continue to cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Pour entire can of coconut cream into blender.
- Transfer broth & sautéed mixture to blender & blend for 1 minute on low. Do this in two parts if your blender does not have enough space for all.
- Transfer soup back into french oven or stock pot, add the remaining diced mushrooms into mixture and cook for another 10 minutes on low heat.
- Serve & enjoy!
View this post on Instagram
The vegan cream of mushroom soup recipe you’ve all been waiting for!! As you guys know, we’ve partnered up with @HBNCanada to share our health journey with you and this recipe is part of it. We make a ton of soup around here as it gets colder outside and many of my favourite nostalgic soups from my childhood were full of dairy – we’ve changed that around here and mastered this delicious mushroom soup recipe for you. It’s healthy, so yummy and free of dairy…and #vegan! I have the full recipe on the blog today for you to check out and you can watch me make it in this video of course. I’ve truly enjoyed partnering with Healthier by Nature to share some of my go to’s when it comes to my health journey. Their website is a resource you can trust, filled with expert advice on shopping for natural health products to delicious and recipes. Visit healthierbynature.ca to get amazing natural health tips as you may be on your own health journey. *Sponsored* #HBNCanada #HealthierByNature #naturalhealth #madewithlove #allergyfriendly
I’ve enjoyed partnering with Healthier By Nature to share my health journey and our favourite homemade recipes. HealthierbyNature.ca is a source you can trust that is full of more delicious recipes as well as expert advice and tips for all things natural health.
This post was made in partnership with Healthier By Nature, all opinions are my own.