We perfected these cookies for weeks before sharing them with you, also making sure that they were loved by the entire family. The kids love them just as much as I do, these cookies are healthy and pack easily for a protein snack on the go. They are super quick and easy to make and super delicious. Packed full of protein and none of the junk, no refined sugars…AND the recipe is vegan too!
Oatmeal Coconut Cookies
*Preheat oven to 375*
- 1 1/2 c Rolled Oats (we use Bob’s gluten free ones)
- 3/4 c All purpose unbleached flour
- 3/4 c Unsweetened Coconut Shreds (optional)
- 1/2 c Hemp Hearts (we use Manitoba Harvest)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 c. Maple Syrup (the REAL kind, Amber is our preference)
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract (alcohol free)
- 1/2 c. Coconut Oil
- 4 tbsp. Coconut Water (or water)
- 1/4 c. Apple Sauce
Mix all of the dry ingredients well and then add in everything else. Mix well! Use a cookie scooper spoon to have evenly shaped rounds on cookie sheet, press them gently with a wet fork before placing them in the oven.
Bake at 375 for 8 minutes, let them cool & enjoy!