When our Organics Live box arrived last week I let the kids take everything out as usual and started planning our meals, we had two great big bundles of fresh organic kale and beautiful looking garlic. The kids shouted out pizza right away when I asked them what we should have for dinner and so we got to making our dough and picking our ingredients. For this pizza we decided to do something different than our usual tomato sauce and we tried a kale pesto recipe, it’s supper yummy & easy + the kids gobbled it up (phew)!
PS as a special gift to our readers & followers the Organics Live team has prepared a discount code for all of you, you will receive 15% off when you sign up for your box with the code ‘ bonjourOL ‘ ! And if that isn’t incentive enough, you can get $10 off your subscriptions for each friend you refer!!!
KALE Pesto Pizza
What You’ll Need for Pesto:
- Homemade or store bought pizza dough
- 1 1/2 cups organic kale & 1cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 TSP Himalayan sea salt
- 1 clove organic garlic (or more lol)
- juice of 1 organic lemon
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 425
- Blend kale, olive oil, salt, garlic, and lemon juice in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the hemp seeds & almonds and pulse until ground to desired consistency.
- Spread on pizza dough with desired consistency
- Sprinkle feta cheese or slices of boccacini and any other cheeses you desire!!
- Slice sundried tomato or fresh tomato slices and spread on top
- Bake for 16 minutes at 425