Making icing in the Vitamix can be intimidating to some that are familiar with using a stand mixer, but in my directions below you will see that it’s really quite simple. And, you guys know how much I love that the Vitamix cleans itself…so think about that when pondering your next frosting recipe plans…
We use locally made eggnog but I am sure you could substitute for a vegan one with the right ingredients in place. Ella was so excited to finally use these super cute Nutcracker ballet cupcake sets we found over the holidays – she picked the ballerina in baby blue and wanted a picture with it in her new pink dress, gosh I love her to bits. She loves food about as much as I do!
The winner of our Vitamix giveaway is the Instagram handle @justjoetoth, we used a random number generator and counted, every, single entry on Instagram and the blog Facebook entries too. I am in such awe of the excitement over this giveaway that we’ve decided to run another one before Spring! Congratulations @justjoetoth on your prize, please email us so we can get you that new Vitamix! 🙂
- 1/2 Cup of Eggnog
- 3/4 Cup of Organic Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Vitamix Winter Spice mix
- 1 1/2 cups of Powdered sugar
- Place ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Mix the butter alone first until creamy
- Slowly add the icing sugar while on Variable 1 for 30 seconds
- Add in the rest of the ingredients
- Select Variable 1.
- Switch machine to start and slowly increase Variable 10, then high.
- Blend for 45 seconds to 1 minute using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades.*
*Blend just until all powder sugar is incorporated and immediately stop or melting of butter will occur and frosting will thin out. If this does happen, just toss the buttercream mixture into the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes until set and able to pipe onto cake or pastries.
Make sure your butter and eggnog are at room temperature or else your icing may curdle, I dealt with that in the first batch because my eggnog was too cold!